CAMP CHALLENGE REGISTRATION
Camp Challenge 2020 dates are July 19 - July 23.
Registration will begin the first weekend of May, 2020.
*For more information, check the FAQ below*
Camp Challenge FAQ
What is Camp Challenge?
Every summer, Fort Bend Community Church hosts a summer Camp to teach our students more about living as a Christ followers and build community. Camp Challenge is divided between middle school and high school, but will take place at the same time and location.
Adult volunteer(s) are given the opportunity to be our camp directors and serve directly with the Youth staff. All leaders are FBCC members and are run through an application process, background check, and training.
Where is Camp Challenge?
Camp Challenge is at Carolina Creek Christian Camp - Lakeview site. Their physical address is 84 Wimberly Ln, Huntsville, TX 77320 and their phone number is (936) 594-4446. You can find more information about the site at www.carolinacreek.org.
Can I come if I'm not a Christian/FBCC member?
YES! You'll have a chance to meet new people and hear about a someone who is really important to your Christian friends. This is a safe place where you questions and have a great time with people who care about you.
What should I bring?
Items to bring:
- Lunch for Departure Day (08/04)
- Sleeping bag
- Water bottle
- Sunblock, bug spray, visor/hat
- Bible, pen & notebook
- Light jacket/sweater
- Flip flops (shower/pool)
- Swim suit (check Dress Code guidelines)
- Sneakers (required for all activities, eg. basketball, rock wall, football/baseball/soccer field, archery, zip lines, etc.)
Items NOT to bring:
- Electronic devices (only for bus use)
- Guns, knives, weapons, etc.
- Drugs, alcohol, cigarettes
- Inappropriate clothing
Is there a dress code?
FBCC Youth Events Dress Code
In order to promote the type of environment which exhibits respect to God and others, the following guidelines are in place for all FBCC youth ministry events:
- Everyone should be clean and dressed neatly
- Undergarments should be worn and should not be visible
- Clothing should not be excessively tight or baggy
- No clothing that promotes the use of alcohol/drugs or bearing profanity, occult symbols, or obscene/inappropriate images
- The bottom of shirts worn must reach the top of the shorts/pants worn
- No top that is too low cut at the neck
- No cutoff sleeves (Armholes cannot be big enough to see into)
Bottoms (pants, shorts, skirts, dresses)
- Bottoms (pants, shorts, skirts and dresses) should reach a length where undergarments/buttocks are not visible at any time when standing, sitting, or participating in activities
- Yoga pants and leggings are allowed, but must be worn with a shirt that covers the buttocks area
- Swimsuits should be modestly cut
- Two-piece swimsuits are allowed, but must be modestly-cut and secure enough for activities (see additional Carolina Creek requirements below)
- No speedo-style swimsuits or jammers
- Swimwear is worn only during water activities and not during any other camp activities. You must put on a top and bottom when out of the water
Carolina Creek requires that:
- Two-piece swimsuits must covered with a dark T-shirt during all water activities
- No speedos are allowed
Can I bring electronics such as my phone, game system, etc.?
It is our hope that camp will be a chance for you to make new friends, get away from your usual distractions and habits, and most importantly to interact with God.
Sometimes our gadgets can get in the way of this so our policy is that you can bring it for the ride up and the ride back. However, once at Camp we ask that it stays turned off and out of sight, this includes at night when in cabins and when sleeping. Leaders will take up devices that prove to be distracting to you or others.
Can I bring board games or card games?
We do encourage you to bring the board games that you enjoy playing, and we encourage you to bring games that can be played with a number of people since this is a time for you to get away and enjoy hanging out with your friends and make new ones!
Can I bring my own snacks?
Carolina Creek does not permit campers to bring snacks or food into Camp. There will be snacks available for purchase through the Camp store during free time.
Can I bring stuff to play pranks?
Camp Challenge is a place for us to encourage one another. Pranks tend to get out of hand and Camp then becomes a place of competition and hurt feelings. Pranks will not be tolerated at Camp Challenge, so please do not bring anything that can be used to prank/hurt others. Pranks are not allowed at Camp.
Can I contact my student while at Camp?
We are asking all electronics (including cell phones) to be turned off for the duration of Camp. Please check www.youth.fbcchome.org for updates.
If there is an emergency, please contact the Youth Staff immediately at (936) 594-4446.
When and where should I drop my student off?
Check-in Sunday, Aug. 4 in Bldg. 1 during the following times:
- 8:45-9:30am – then go to small group
- 10:45-11:15am – then go to Worship
- 12:30-1:30pm - then go to the gym (lunch is NOT provided)
Can I drive myself to Camp?
No, all students must ride the bus to and from Camp Challenge. If you have special circumstances in which your parent will need to drive you to Camp, please contact the Youth Staff ASAP. All arrangements other than riding the bus must be confirmed by one of the Youth Staff.
Can I come to Camp late/leave Camp early?
We prefer you to be at Camp the entire time. However, if there is a unique circumstance, approval from the youth staff is required and your parents must provide transportation for you.
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFO
Who do I contact in case of an emergency while my student is at Camp Challenge?
FBCC Youth Staff will be at Camp Challenge the entire time. If you need to contact them during Camp, please call Carolina Creek Christian Camp at (936) 594-4446.
What if I have allergies/medications?
Please indicate this on your registration forms. If you need to take medicine during camp, please place medicine in a clear plastic bag with your name and dosage on it. Your parent needs to drop off your medicine and fill out a specific form when you are dropped off on departure day.
How do I register for Camp?
There are two sections in the registration process. Section 1 is the FBCC Registration & Payment. Section 2 is the Carolina Creek Registration. You must complete Section 1 first.
Section 2 will be on Carolina Creek's website. You will be automatically redirected to FBCC's Carolina Creek registration page. If you are not, or you need the link, click here.
How much does Camp Challenge cost?
Registration cost for Camp Challenge is $350. There is a $25 discount per student from the same family.
After July 7, a late fee of $50 will be applied for each student. Late Registration ends July 21 at 3:00pm CST. NO APPLICATIONS will be accepted after 7/21/2019 3:00pm CST.
How do I receive a sibling discount?
The sibling discount can be taken if you have a two or more children going to Camp Challenge. It does not matter whether the students are going to Middle or High school. The children must be from the same household. Sibling discount will be applied during Section 1 of the registration.
Late fee will still apply for registrations received after July 8.
How do apply for a scholarship?
Scholarships are given on a needs-based basis. Scholarships will be then assessed and rewarded based upon the applicant. Students must fill out the application and submit payment. Rewarded scholarship will be reimbursed AFTER Camp Challenge has ended.
Can I cancel my registration?
If you register for Camp and then choose not to go, we will grant full refunds up until one month before the event. After July 4, 2018, we will refund your registration on a pro-rated basis. For more information on our pro-rated amount, click here.
What does my registration fee include?
The fee you pay for camp goes to pay for the following things: campsite usage, bus charter, T-shirts/nametags/handbooks, speaker honorarium, game supplies, and a few other miscellaneous items.
If you’d like to see just how we’ve used the money taken in over the past couple of years, we would be happy to let you take a look. We feel that you get a tremendous amount of value for the price requested to attend Camp Challenge.
CAMP CHALLENGE 2019
Packing/Departure Day Info
SUNDAY, AUGUST 4
Check-in at Bldg. 1 during the following times only:
- 8:45-9:30am – then go to small group
- 10:45-11:15am – then go to English Worship
- 12:30-1:30pm - then go to the gym (lunch is not provided)
MEDICATIONS: Any medications which your student needs during Camp will be collected. Please put all medications in a clear plastic bag clearly marked with your student’s name and any necessary instructions.
Busses will go directly to and from the campsite – we will NOT be stopping during the trip.
Snack foods are NOT permitted at Camp. All snacks will be confiscated.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 8
- We will arrival at FBCC between 1-2 p.m. Please be on time to pick up campers.
- Students will be allowed to use cell phones during the bus ride home.
Students will not be permitted to use their phones during Camp. For emergencies, please contact the Camp Site at 936-594-4446. For a packing list and list of FAQs go to http://youth.fbcchome.org/index.php/camp/